As of 7/13/2020: Graduates/Families, below are the latest graduation updates:
- Graduation will be held outdoors on the football field.
- Graduation will be begin promptly at 9:00am. Please enter through the ticket booth beginning at 8:30am.
- Masks are strongly recommended.
- Guests are asked to immediately locate their assigned seats when they arrive. Per the request of the district, there will be no mingling before, during, or after graduation.
- Mrs. Robin Nunez will still be taking pictures throughout the program. Family/friend pictures of the graduates can be taken prior to their arrival on the school campus.
- South Cameron High School will provide water to all individuals attending graduation. We know the heat could potentially be an issue for attendees.
2020 Graduates and Families
The final days toward graduation have finally arrived for YOU, the graduating class of 2020.
We know this is certainly not what you envisioned, at the beginning of the year, for your graduation ceremony. The school leaders, along with your class sponsors, have discussed as to how we could have the best graduation possible, under the current situation, while protecting public health and safety.
So that it's possible to honor each graduates’ hard work, while still maintaining a safe social distance, a few expectations and guidelines have been set.
While masks are not mandatory, we strongly recommend that individuals wear masks to protect their own health, as well as the health of others.
• MANDATORY REHEARSAL will be Thursday, July 16th, at 6:00 p.m. in the gym. Be prepared to be there for about 2 – 3 hours.
• Graduation is at 10:00 a.m. We ask you to, please, be present at 9:00 a.m.
• Due to COVID 19, we are only allowed 50% capacity in the gym, therefore there will be limitations on the number of people you can invite to the ceremony
o Each graduate will be allowed 15 guest tickets. Graduates will receive the tickets at rehearsal. No one will be admitted without a ticket; this includes children and babies--they will be required to have a ticket, as well.
o Graduates will be receiving 4 RESERVED seat tickets for parents, and whomever you would like to sit in the chairs, on the floor. Graduates will be seated 6 feet apart, on the floor, facing the audience.
o The remainding 11 tickets will be for other guests to enter the gym.
o We will draw names at rehearsal to know who gets row 1, row 2, etc.
o The 4 chairs will be together in a group, and there will be 6 feet on each side, in front of, and in back of, the next group of chairs.
o The bleachers will have seating marked where guests can, and cannot, sit.
o Mrs. Robin Nunez will be taking pictures at graduation and you will be able to receive a copy of the pictures for FREE, therefore we ask if anyone wants to take pictures please do so, from your seats, to reduce guests from crowding together.
• LIVE STREAM
o We are in the process of organizing a broadcast of the ceremony, via live stream, so that those not in attendance will be able to view the ceremony.
We will be livestreaming the graduation through the Cameron Parish School Board’s Facebook page. Please be sure to have your guests add the Cameron Parish School Board as a “friend” in advance of graduation day. This will ensure a smooth viewing experience on the day of graduation.
o Each graduate will be given 2 roses to be presented, only, to whomever is seated in the reserved seating area. If you would like to give additional flowers to anyone else, please do so outside of the gym, or sometime later.
o The graduation cap is worn flat on the head, with the front point of the cap centered on the forehead.
o Tassels are worn on the right side and shifted to the left when told to do so by Mrs. Megan
o YES, you may decorate your cap, please refrain from anything vulgar or inappropriate.
o You will receive your cap and gown, as well as any Beta honor, FFA, FBLA, 4-H, and FCCLA cords, the night of rehearsal.
o Guys, please wear trousers with dress shoes or boots, a dress shirt, and a tie, under your graduation gowns. NO JEANS and NO TENNIS SHOES
o Ladies, please wear dresses or a skirt and top, with dress shoes.
We know that graduation is an important milestone to you, as students and families, therefore, as a team, we have provided the maximum flexibility to honor you, as graduates, while still abiding by health and safety requirements and guidelines.
BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS SENIORS 2020